Job seekers who are keen on joining the State Bank of India as Probationary Officers (PO) first have to register through the online recruitment process and fill the SBI PO form. When it comes to jobs in the banking sector, the SBI PO exam is the most anticipated, probably because the State Bank of India is the largest public sector bank.
Aspirants who missed the opportunity to apply for the 2020 PO online between November 14, and December 4, 2020, can apply for the 2021 recruitment process. The SBI PO online application process is quite simple and needs to be completed before the due date for 2021, November 2021.
The Application Form – SBI PO
The SBI PO forms were released on November 14, 2020, and those eligible to apply for the 2020-2021 recruitment may apply. Candidates first need to complete their online registration formalities before they start the preparations for writing the exam.
While filling in the application form, candidates need to fill in the application fee details, making them eligible for the written exam. The recruitment process consists of three phases:
- SBI PO preliminary Exam
- SBI PO mains Exam
- Group exercise and interview
Successful candidates shortlisted after the SBI PO preliminary exam will be called to appear for the mains exam. Candidates who score above the cut-off marks in the SBI PO mains are eligible to appear for the group exercise and interview. Candidates can visit the official website to view the details for online applications for open positions.
Details to be Filled
The SBI PO application form will ask for candidates’ personal and academic details. Candidates need to furnish their contact details, educational qualifications details, and category information.
Please be careful while filling out the form, as your candidature is likely to be cancelled if discrepancies are found in the SBI PO application form and submission process. You can refer to the official website for more information on the other SBI positions’ recruitment process.
SBI PO Application Process Guidelines
With the notification and process for the SBI PO 2020 already released and completed, candidates are eagerly waiting for the 2021 notification. Please note that SBI never accepts physical applications; hence all applications need to be submitted online.
Here are the Steps to Follow:
- Go to SBI’s official, and complete the formalities for submitting the application.
- To register as a candidate, you need to select the announcements option, which appears on the home page of the SBI website. You will find multiple options and need to click on the SBI PO online registration link and fill out the details in the form that pops up.
- Make sure you fill in your personal details, including your name, date of birth, contact number, postal address, and email ID.
- Once you have completed filling the form, your registration number will be generated along with the password, which you can change, if required. Please complete the filling-up process.
- Candidates need to upload a recent photograph and signature, details as under:
Photograph: Recent coloured photo of 200 x 230 pixels, in size 20Kb to 50 Kb. Any sizes other than the prescribed size will automatically be rejected.
Signature: Candidates’ signature should be appended on white paper in black ink, in 140 x 60 pixels, and the size should be 10Kb to 20Kb. The signature should be your regular signature in lower case and not in capitals.
- The next step involves filling in details of your educational qualifications, along with academic details.
- Once you have filled out all the columns, please review the details filled in. Although you are allowed to make any changes after submission, it is advisable to check thoroughly before submitting.
- To complete the online application process for SBI PO, you need to pay the prescribed application fee, details given below:
SC/ST category: NIL
General/EWS/OBC category: Rs.750.
You may download and save a copy of the completed application form for your future reference. The prescribed fees may be paid through the website’s payment gateway by following the instructions appearing on the screen.
You may use your debit card or credit card to make the payment or through online banking. Once your payment is accepted, you will receive an e-receipt, which you can save for future reference.
In case you have missed out on any vital information, you are allowed to modify details or upload a fresh photograph or signature. Please note that only three attempts are allowed for changes.
Summing it Up
The SBI PO is a prestigious position attracting millions of applicants from all over the country. Candidates need to prepare well before attempting to take the exam by practising with the previous exam questions.